Reasons On Why I Pay Attention To Skincare(and you should too!)

I am writing this blog because I want to share my skincare routines.I have started my skincare by doing basic CTM(cleansing,toning,moisturizing) routine because I have oily skin and also started to wear sunscreen religiously.While making sure my basics are strong,I will be trying out different products which I will share here.Just to let you know,I am giving my honest reviews and it's just purely based on my experience and reading.I can't wait to try out retinols and acids(AHA & BHA),but I have got to make sure my basics to be done in 6 months to  a year.So,here I will be sharing why I started to focus on skincare.



1) I had an awful puberty
    When I hit puberty,my face completely changed.Had breakouts all over my face,acne scars and oily skin.My skin was super clear before that.Worse,most of my friends didn't experience breakouts like me.I soon started to realize that it is normal and did almost all things that one can ever do for their skin.Went to a beautician for a skin treatment,tried several products,drank some medicinal juices,bought vitamin C pills when I went to a doctor for my fever, and even gotten myself a free consultation from promoters in drugstore for my skin.Even after so much of attempts,my skin didn't improve.I was blaming my hormones for being so outrageous and compared myself to others.

2)People started to give their home remedies.
    This was very annoying.All my aunties and even my English sir gave their 'advice'.It was embarrassing when my English sir asked me why I have so much of pimples.How could I answer him?He even asked me put honey on my face.But out of all kinds of mask that I wore,the best thing that worked for my pimples was 'bedak sejuk'(made up from soaked rice grains and rose water).It helped me to get rid most of my pimples but didn't do much for acne scars and oily skin though.

   
3)Miracles happened when I started to exercise
  I was obese during high school,my friends called me fat and totally unfit for physical activities.So I started to eat healthier but not eating very clean though,I will have cheat days often too.I reduced my rice portion,ate more veggies and fruits and started to exercise A LOT!I was so addicted to sweat out myself  and realized my skin was glowing and started to get better.That's when I started to see a better version of myself.And it's very important to take care of your meal intake too.All the nutrients and antioxidants you consume will definitely show through your skin.


4)Will look bad in makeup,or even without makeup
  My acne scars requires lots of foundation to cover them up.My uneven skin tone needs me to wear concealer.And,also my dark circles are super hard to be covered with makeup.I hate wearing makeup,especially a heavy one.A thick makeup is too much for my oily skin to handle.I always adore girls who look pretty without any makeup,regardless of their skin tone.It's the best to be comfortable with your skin rather than hiding it under makeup.But I'm not blaming those who love to makeup.Those who wear makeup are pretty good at it and they enjoy dolling up themselves.While there are girls who are not skillful enough to makeup,like me.


5)Need a self confidence
   I gained some confidence when I started to lose weight but my oily skin troubles me.I always have to use blotting papers to save my day.Usually, I will use 6 to 10 blotting papers in a day.But the number is decreasing a little nowadays.I am always conscious about my skin rather than my hair or attire when I'm going out or when I do presentation.My face's shine is visible from far and I had people asking if I'm sweating. There was once I traveled by aeroplane for a vacation .It was a 2-hours journey.I blotted my face before boarding the plane.The moment we reached our destination,my mother was surprised that I was sweating in an aeroplane.Well,no!My skin is just not behaving in another country!



6)Inspired by articles regarding skincare
  To be honest,I didn't know a proper skincare routine could save your skin and control skin's problems.Really,I had no idea.Just bumped into several articles and came to know I should start with a proper CTM routine which works best for oily skin.I even read articles on other skin types as well because I wanted to know what is the underlying problem that make us to have different skin type.Rather than listening to your friend's recommendation of a product,it's better for you to do some research and figure out what ingredients your skin needs.For example dull skin needs alpha arbutin,large pores need witch hazel and dry skin needs hyaluronic acid.Read more and meet a dermatologist to find out what works best for your skin.

Don't lose hope when you don't see any difference on your skin.Things will take time and just be diligent with a proper skincare routine.Just make sure to love your skin and take care of them!

Comments

Popular Posts